Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Trio Sees a Bear!






Today, we decided to brave a UCA game with the Trio.  We thought if we could make it to half time it would be a success.  We got the kids dressed in their UCA shirts and I wrote UCA on Ashlin & Jaxon's face in purple glitter.  They thought this was so fun.  We were walking to the stadium and a lady stopped us and gave us 4 extra tickets because she couldn't go.  So, we rushed and called our friends the Thompson's to pass them along.  We were so glad we were able to share the tickets because they are such a cute family.  We sat down and got all settled in.  The single adults from church came down and sat by us.  They helped entertain the kids.  So, we made it all the way to the end of the game.  We had a really fun time and the band even came and played right in front of us!  UCA won 24-21.  Yeah Bears!  
Ashlin had a big moment this week.  She got her ears pierced last night.  She had asked us a couple of times before and we told her it would hurt.  She then would say, "I will wait till I'm a bit older".  Thursday, she told me she really wanted to do it and I told her we just didn't have time.  So that night, she was going to bed and I had not made it to tuck her in.  When she said her prayer with Daddy she said, "Thank you for this stinky day, thank you that I did not get my ears pierced, and thank you for letting me go to dance."  It's nice to know she can be thankful even on trying days.  Friday, we took her to get her ears pierced and I warned her once again it would hurt.  She sat very bravely.  She got the first ear pierced and just started laughing.  I am afraid I may have scared her so much that she was in relief that it was not nearly as bad as she expected.  She is quite delighted and has been looking in the mirror all day.  Shawn wants me to call her friends mother's in advance.  Sorry.  
Jaxon is as smart as ever.  He now knows all of his colors.  Today at the football game, he pointed to this adorable African American baby that was sitting by us and said, "Mom, Look it's a brown baby!"  He met his speech goals this week.  He is so smart, we are not sure what area to move to next.  Last night, he told me, "I don't like you mom.....I Love you!", and he threw his arms around me.  It's amazing what a smile or an I love you can do to a Mom's heart!
Jeron is climbing all over everything.  I walked into our bedroom today and he was standing on the desk playing with the printer with a big smile on his face.  He is beginning to follow in his siblings footsteps and chattering away.  His favorite word this week is Elmo and he will say it over and over.  He carries around his stuffed Elmo and has his Elmo slippers on his feet quite frequently throughout the day.  He loves to imitate his siblings.  
Shawn got good news this week.  He received a grant from Psi Chi.  This will help him further his research as well as look good on his Mid-Tenure review which is coming up in October.    


4 comments:

Janae' said...

You have the cutest family. We LOVE your kids!!! And thanks again for those tickets.

Learning United said...

How fun! I miss you guys so much though! I can't make Christmas come any faster can I?

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I remember being so scared to get my ears pierced! It is nothing like what people warned me about! Way to go!!!

glo said...

Her prayer was classic! I've thought about it every time I knelt to pray during this past week!