We had the opportunity of attending the UCA basketball game when they retired Scottie Pippen's jersey number on January 20th. We always enjoy going to the games, but it added something to have a great basketball player in the gym. They invited the team he played with at UCa as well along with his former coach. The coach was funny as he reflected back on Pippen’s beginnings. Initially, he did not even get a scholarship he was the water boy….every day Pippen would ask, “coach have a scholarship for me.” The coach would smile and say no. After several injuries Scottie Pippen got his break and became the player we know him as today. Not only do I love watching & supporting UCA sports but I love the community spirit on the occasions when everyone comes out to support their own. Just another reason that I love church as well….because we support one another and cheering each other on for that end Goal.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Scottie Pippen @ UCA
We had the opportunity of attending the UCA basketball game when they retired Scottie Pippen's jersey number on January 20th. We always enjoy going to the games, but it added something to have a great basketball player in the gym. They invited the team he played with at UCa as well along with his former coach. The coach was funny as he reflected back on Pippen’s beginnings. Initially, he did not even get a scholarship he was the water boy….every day Pippen would ask, “coach have a scholarship for me.” The coach would smile and say no. After several injuries Scottie Pippen got his break and became the player we know him as today. Not only do I love watching & supporting UCA sports but I love the community spirit on the occasions when everyone comes out to support their own. Just another reason that I love church as well….because we support one another and cheering each other on for that end Goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment