"More widespread severe thunderstorms will erupt today over eastern Texas and Oklahoma, spreading east across Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee. Overnight, the threat will spread into Georgia, northern Florida, and South Carolina.
Some cities potentially impacted include Shreveport and New Orleans, La., Little Rock, Ark., Jackson and Tupelo, Miss., Memphis and Nashville, Ten., Birmingham and Montgomery, Ala., Atlanta and Columbus, Ga., and Tallahassee, Fla.
Tornadoes, damaging thunderstorm winds, large hail, frequent lightning, and very heavy downpours are all possible."
Shawn is in San Antonio for the South Western Psychological Associations annual conference. He will be there until Saturday. I am a single parent for a short time. These are the times that truly make you appreciate your significant other and you realize that they really do help out. Last year, he went to this same conference. During this time is when Conway had the tornado touch down very briefly by Pickles Gap. Yes, I was all alone. It was late at night and I wondered what to do with the children. I had all 3 of them in my bed with me wondering at what point do I move to the closet. I was glued to the television hoping I could get the information I would need. Here it is a year later and we have bad weather coming our way again when I am all alone with the kids! Sigh.... You never know what will actually occur the forecast is only a prediction and I am hoping it will be sunshine all day!
For the record, I am terrified of storms. I grew up in Texas and use to love them. I would curl up with a good book or sleep peacefully. That all changed when I was pregnant with Ashlin. We had a thunderstorm in San Diego which is a rare event. The storm hit very suddenly was right on top of us. The lightning set off car alarms because it was so close and the thunder was quite loud. Since then, I am the biggest baby! I don't even like to hear the distant thunder!
Here's hoping for good weather for everyone!





2 comments:
I'm with you!!!!! Thunder actually makes me cry. Ask Todd or my mother - I'm terrified of it. I am seriously soooooo worried for you. Keep me posted how it turns out, I'll keep you in my prayers! Eck - hurry home Shawn!
I am right there with you too! when i hear loud thunder i get butterflies but i am getting better with thunderstorms. oh and a bad thunderstorm happened on February 5th but I don't know what year. But my mom was gone. But that day changed my life!
Post a Comment