I had been asked to be in charge of the missionary zone conference which is today. Yesterday, I thought after I had harassed many sisters in the ward to make cookies maybe I should make some as well. I wanted to make a double batch where the little trio could enjoy a few cookies as well. Everything is going along smoothly. I look down at the sugars and think to myself that looks like quite a bit of sugar. I look at the measuring cup....I had put it in 3 cups of both brown sugar and white sugar versus a couple and a half. After storming around a bit and trying to dig some sugar out, I just added a little extra of everything. I mixed my concoction together and looked back at the recipe and realized I had never doubled the butter. I was quite upset at this point almost ready to throw the all of it out. Patience shown through, I decided to make 1 sheet to see how they would turn out. So, after pounding my bag of melted chocolate chips and baking them. The cookies turned out quite well....yummy even. Shawn thought I had made a whole new batch a(of course, I complained to him) and the missionaries enjoyed them. They had dinner with us last night. So, am I Betty Crocker or am I blessed for providing service? Any of you that know me can answer that definitely blessed, because I am not a great cook!
By the way, why all this was going on. The kids decided to help me clean the floor all by themselves. They got the wash cloths very wet and scrubbed the floor and table. I wiped down the table after lunch and Ashlin said, "Hey, I ALREADY did that!" Kids you got got to love them! Never a dull moment!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
hey veda,
he could definitely use warm jammies...he is in a size 2T for jammies right now...I buy them big because they just seem to run so small..
Post a Comment