Thursday, July 17, 2008

Motherhood is the greatest job!

"Let every mother realize that she has No Greater Blessing than the children which have come to her as a gift from the almighty; that she has NO Greater Mission than to rear them in the light and truth, in understanding and love...."
Gordon B. Hinckley. "Bringing up a child in the way he should go." Ensign. Nov. 1998. 97

I must hurry and post this before the kids get tired, hungry, urge to engage in sibling fighting, or any other challenging daily events that are to numerous to list! I really do love being a mother to my thundering trio. They each bring their own unique joy and happiness into mine and Shawn's lives!  
Jeron slept the entire night in his toddler bed last night. He woke up this morning and toddled into our room with this proud little smile on his face. He lays down in the toddler bed like a champ for dad, but for mom he lays on the tears.

We went to Target last week. Of course, we walked through the toys and found this Mr. Potato Head and could not pass it up.

Jax loves to play with Mr. Potato Head and loves Indiana Jones. What can be better than combining your 2 favorite things!  When you press the hat down it plays the music theme from Indiana Jones. 

We have bins/shelves that we have their toys organized inour wash room where the door is locked. We try our best to have them choose one bin and when they are done, clean up, and then choose another bin of toys. Well, you can imagine how well that goes over!  Hence the picture posted a couple of days (i.e., Does your house ever look like this?).  They waste no time running in and getting as many toys when I leave the door open.  Today, Jaxon cleaned up his toys brought the bin to me when I was in the wash room cleaning and asked for more. I was so proud! If any of you watched Friends the tv show, I am alot like Monica when it comes to cleaning and organization.

Ashlin went with Shawn to the store this week. She asked Shawn if she could say a prayer and he said sure. She bowed her head and said, "Dear Heavenly Father...Congratulations you have made me so happy!" She is so sweet. She wanted to read her scriptures yesterday morning. So, we sat together I read one and then she would "read one" as we were doing this she looked over to me and said, "I want to see Jesus." She is so sweet and such an example in our home. She is the one that keeps us in check and makes sure we say our prayers and such. It really brings to life the scriptures when you read, we must be like a little child meek, humble, patient, full of love.
We have had a great couple of days. Monday night we went and had root beer floats at the Thompson's for FHE/Hometeaching. I don't know why anyone would complain about hometeaching. I had a blast visiting.  Jaxon loved their boys. He was able to be rough and tumble with them, Ashlin adores their little girl Breanna, and Jeron loved following all of the big kids around.  The best part of all....Shawn and I were able to have adult conversation.  What more can you want from an evening?!  Yesterday, I had to drop something off at the Crockett's and they invited us for homemade smoked BBQ. They run a daycare and have so many fun things to keep them entertained. So, the kids were absolutely delighted to stay.  We won't mention Tuesday night during the Relief Society meeting, the kids were ....... Needless to say when Vianey made it back to church she told Shawn, "I bet your wife would not mind if you got home soon!"
Despite the fact we really miss Utah (our family & friends there), we love Conway and glad it is our home.  We love our friends we have had the opportunity to meet here. There are so many wonderful people,  we will be forever grateful for this time here how ever long it may be!



3 comments:

glo said...

I am glad that every day you take some time to realize how blessed you are. Thank you for sharing! Give the kids a hug from me.

Veda said...

It's a good thing I appreciated it this morning.....because now I would like to give them away!

Lindsee said...

Hello my dear friends. I hope all is going well, we miss you guys. see you soon.
lindsee