
Wednesday, we began discussing Freudian psychology (all fluff if you ask me). We ended with a discussion on defense mechanisms. One defense mechanism Freud proposed is projection. This is where you project feelings you have on another. So, I gave the following example to illustrate the point, "Maybe your life is a little dull, you're getting bored with your day to day life, and you think to yourself maybe an affair would help spice up your life. So, your significant other comes home you accuse them of wanting to have an affair to alleviate the anxiety of wanting to have an affair."
Obviously I painted a very clear picture. Later on that day, I had a student email me and asked where I got the example from? He was wondering if it was a doorway to "my" unconscious.
So, if you hear a rumor that I am thinking of having an affair. It's so not true. Freud has once again caused unnecessary havoc on unscientific ramblings.





5 comments:
Okay I am laughing so hard right now. That is hilarious your student sent you that email. I honestly just keep laughing.
Veda- you floosie! Having an affair on Shawn!!!
Try really hard to keep your wild fantasies in check girl! Hee Hee
LOL, that is so funny. We will have to keep you away from all the men at church.
So funny!! You better keep those "ramblings" under control Veda! :)
veda you better think before you talk!!!!
You have to love Freud!!!
Post a Comment