Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life is an adventure to say the least....


Last Thursday, we took Ashlin to a nice dinner and then to Carmen the Ballet on campus. She was very excited and had so much fun dressing up. She absolutely loved it. she really wanted to stay for the second act, but we wanted to make sure we left on a good note. She keeps telling Michelle (her friend's mom) next time that she attends the ballet she is going to take her with her.  Of course, Tuesday she couldn't wait to share the news with her dance instructors as well. Friday, we took Ashlin for a tour of her preschool (starting fall). They let the kids run around and play. Jaxon braved looking at a few bugs. Jeron played a little ball. It was a very cute place and we are excited to have a good placement for the kids. Even better news, I asked last minute if they had any more openings. They did, one of Ashlin's friend is going to join her next year. They are quite excited and are 2 peas in a pod. Tuesday, the young men/women came over for a service scavenger hunt. They washed our windows and then took the kids for a little walk. They absolutely loved it. Ashlin called them her cousins and asked when they were coming back. The other night, we were at Target. The cashier was scanning our items. He was a very tall African American boy. Ashlin looks over and says, "Dad, he's a girl, he's wearing an earing! Yes, he heard, what do you say to that!?!  Shawn looked over and said I'm sorry, but he had a smile on his face....thankfully. I guess, we will have to work on social skills and internal dialogue.
Saturday, my grandparents came for a visit on their way up to Branson. We had a very nice visit and absolutely loved having them here. The kids loved seeing them especially when Grandaddie went outside and played with them. They were a bit sad to come back inside. Ashlin helped make cookies for grandmas mother's day gift ((I know it's early but we thought it would be fun to do in person).

Jaxon has been quite the crack up this week. A couple of days ago, I found a wet diaper on the floor. I thought to myself how did that get there the boys can't get to the dirty diapers. I look over at Jeron he still has his diaper on. Next logical choice would be Jax. He is sitting at the table fully dressed. I go pat his little bum.....no diaper. He took it off and put his pants back on, apparently our little guy likes to go commando. Ashlin has these miniature little my little ponies. They have tiny little shoes. Shawn looked over and Jax had one in his mouth so he asked him to take it out. He looks over at Shawn and spits one out and then another and then another one. Needless to say I think we need to put the shoes away. Jaxon really enjoyed being big brother this week he had tons of fun feeding Jeron yogurt.

Currently, Jeron is a bit under the weather. Yesterday, He began running a 103 fever and not eating. The not eating is what causes us concern. The boy loves his food. Jeron is now a full blown walker, he rarely crawls. He now wants to go outside and play all of the time. He thinks, I'm ready for the big time. Church will be a definite trial until he hits nursery (August) because he is a boy on a mission and that is being Mobile and on the go!


The final for my class was yesterday. So, as soon as I input grades I am done until Fall and then I will be teaching 2 sections of General Psychology. Yeah for summer break!  Sorry, for you people out there working hard.  Shawn will be finished with his final today. His classes start back in June, but he has a very busy May planned with writing, 3 conferences, and a grant writer's retreat. In 21 days, Shawn's parents will be here on vacation and we can't wait to see them. It has been almost a year. Guess what that means. Scrubbing, scrubbing, and more scrubbing! Family visits are the best excuse for spring cleaning. Look out closets, here we come.

3 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

Ashlin is starting to look like a girl and not a toddler.. EEK!! She is so pretty!!

glo said...

Ash is so very pretty. Jax is beyond hilarious. And Jeron looks like a future football player.

i miss you guys!

Derek & Heidi said...

Veda, your kids are adorable! Ashlin is quite the little beauty!