As always, I am running behind in
the blogging world. Thanks to the rain we are getting this morning to
spend a nice peaceful morning at home.
Beginning in August, I took a new
position, Clinical Instructor in Psychology, at the University of Central
Arkansas. Up until then I worked as the
Assistant Director of Disability Support Services and would teach 1 class each
semester. I loved this job because I had
the opportunity to work with the student’s who are deaf/hard of hearing. In a way I felt like I was doing something of
Jaxon as well. This population will always
hold special spot in my heart. There was
a very nice offer given to me but in the end I felt like if I was to stay true
to my spiritual beliefs I needed to make the choice that would allow me more
time with my family. In addition,
professional regrets would not weigh on my heart nearly as heavy as parent
regrets.
This move was definitely
bittersweet!! Once again, I am very
thankful for the increased time I now have with my family…. but I also miss the
idea that I am opening doors for students that were not open before. I also miss seeing my coworkers on a regular
basis! We had such a great team that
brought many smiles & laughter to my working day. I shed many tears
making this decision along with on my last day in the office. But as Shawn’s Mom often says in moment’s
like this, “it wouldn't be so hard if it had not been so good!”
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment