Monday, April 29, 2013

I hope they call me a nerd!


This past Thursday was the Psi Chi Induction & end of the year banquet.  Shawn did a fabulous job organizing the event.  It was truly a nice evening to celebrate the hard work and outstanding productivity the department and students have had this year. 

My dear friend, Amy graciously watched the trio for the evening.  She even volunteered to bring them back to our house at bedtime (a huge blessing….we were exhausted).  On their drive back to our house Amy looked back and noticed Jaxon did not have his hearing aids on.  She got a little nervous that he had left them at her house and he said, “No we left them at our house for the evening.”
Then Ashlin mentioned that sometimes the kids would make fun of him at school because he wore hearing aids.  Amy asked Jaxon if this was true and he said, “someone called me a nerd once.”  Amy being the great friend she is told Jaxon being a nerd isn’t bad at all.  Nerds are very smart and make lots of money.  Ashlin joined in and said, “Nerds definitely make lots of money.  The person who designed the Kindle is a nerd but he is rich now.  At this point Jeron speaks up and says, “I hope someone calls me a nerd.”  

Never a dull moment with my trio!  I love the moments I get to see their unique perspective on life!


 

No comments: