Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

We made it all the way to Logan Utah to spend our Christmas. We of course were expecting a white Christmas. Not in the cards for us yet I hear there were a few snowflakes in Conway. We stayed very very busy our entire time in Utah. We brought Amy & Monkey along to enjoy the mountains and eventually we did get a nice snow storm.
Christmas Eve we followed the Charlton tradition. We sang Christmas hymns, Shawn's dad read the Christmas story from the Bible, and Shawn's mom read the Littlest Angel. This year Shawn's Mom & Ashlin did a duet on the Piano "Oh Come All Ye Faithful"! It was a wonderful Christmas gift to see Ashlin's musical talent shine. Normally Nana gets Christmas Jammies for Christmas Eve night. This year she forgot. Ashlin was upset. Nana told her maybe if she wished hard enough that maybe they would appear. Ashlin must have wished hard enough because Santa made a personal visit and brought all of the grandkids jammies. The kids absolutely loved the visit. They were so thankful that he made time to visit. It was definitely a learning experience for Ashlin. She wants to be 8 very badly so she can be baptized. I told her that she still had a year and a half and she replied remember Christmas Eve when I wished for the jammies.


On Christmas morning we got up bright and early to see what Santa brought. The definite highlight of my day is when I woke up Ashlin. I said, "Ashlin is time to wake up and see what Santa brought you." and she replies, "Mom Christmas isn't just about Santa it's about the Savior's Birth!" My little girl has an amazing little spirit. Her faith is such an example to me!
Christmas day was great there was oodles of fun and tons of good food! We just enjoyed today together as a family.

No comments: