One Sunday in July one of the missionaries walked up to me and asked if I would great a visitor (Amy). I will be forever grateful for this request. She stumbled across our church in her desire to know what Heavenly Father wanted for her. This was Amy's 3rd trip to the church but for various reasons (nerves mostly) was the first time she came through the doors. I had the opportunity to talk with her during the meetings. She came over for dinner and a lesson with the missionaries a couple of days later.....we became fast friends and felt like we had known each other much longer than only a few weeks. We had the opportunity to listen to all of her lesson's with the missionaries. It was an amazing experience that I will always treasure. Amy is an amazing person that continues to be an example to me daily. Despite challenges and difficulties she never waivers from the faith.
I shared one of my favorite quotes when I spoke at her baptism
"From the moment I joined the church, I began a journey toward eternity. Before I reach my destination. I'll travel through life and have great trials and great sacrifices. But when I arrive home to be with my Heavenly Father, the valued of being there will be 1,000 times greater than the value of all I might ever possibly had to give up."
I am so grateful that we have a loving Father in Heaven that knows us and loves us. I am grateful that he blesses us with friends and family to make our earthly journey easier. Life is just easier with a support system. I am fortunate that my support is grown this summer with my friendship with Amy!





No comments:
Post a Comment