What a day we had yesterday. I was really looking forward to spending the day with the kids and enjoying Ashlin's last day at home. We played and had fun in the morning. I gave Ashlin a manicure and pedicure. We painted her nails to match her outfit for her day at school. Nap time arrived and I was laying down with Jaxon and a good old Arkansas came rolling in. Lightening flashed with a very loud gunshot sound. Ashlin came running in and took cover under the bed. She came out and asked, "Mom can we say a prayer?" After things had calmed down with the little ones, we looked around to see the damage because we heard a beeping sound. I thought it might be the fire detector going off. Our bedroom tv would not turn on. Our The lights shorted out on our fans. The wireless box was dead which meant no telephone, not cable, and no internet. We were practically living like the pioneers. :) We had the AT&T guy out to fix our box and he went out to check our phone box and it was apparently gone as well from the lightening. I have always wondered what it would be like if your house is struck by lightening. Now I know!
In the evening, we had a graduate student picnic to attend to. It's at Toad Suck Park. It's a nice little place with covered picnic tables and playgrounds. Ashlin was playing. I looked up and she started clutching her hand saying, "it stung me, it stung me! I don't like this." Poor thing I felt so bad for her. 2 little girls later were stuck as well from the wasps in the same location. I tried to see if their was a nest but didn't see one. I didn't want to get to close.
Ashlin wanted to call her Nana, which she did quite frequently all day with her excitement over school beginning. She told her Nana, "You know, this has been a really TERRIBLE day here." You have to love our little drama queen. To be honest, we have had better days. That's the latest excitement for Arkansas Charlton's. We survived lightening but will we survive Ashlin's first day of Kindergarten!
2 comments:
it will all be ok, and you will find that you love having one less to worry about everyday!
Wow - that is a tough day! The lighting and thunder thing would probably have killed me. I'm impressed how well you handle it! Poor Ashlin getting stung - wasps are horrible!
Post a Comment