In the last two weeks, we have had the stomach flu, shootings at our work, a lost hearing aid. I have scrubbed my house from top to bottom. I have tried to be extra nice to the students due to their recent traumatic event. I tried to say, Oh well.......we were applying for a grant for new hearing aids so it is as good as a time as ever. You would think surely that this little family have reached the end of their bad luck streak....no not the case.
Monday morning at 3 a.m. little Jeron woke up with a high fever and was throwing up. Yes....more throw up. He looked so miserable! We drug him to the doctor and it turns out he has an ear infection and strept throat. No wonder the little guy looked so bad. We then proceed to go to the pharmacy to pick up his prescription. The boys and I sat in the car, while Shawn ran in. Jax kept saying, "I gotta go potty." I being the reasonable mother saying, Hold it since he has been crying wolf all morning. Nope not wolf this time, he pooped his pants. You can imagine how fun that was to clean up in the parking lot. Although, it was probably cleaner than a public restaurant. After calling Shawn numerous times and asking how much longer he thought it would take, he comes out over an hour later. They kept telling him just a few more minutes. Come on..... can't you just be honest and say we are way behind. Instead of making people, who are already stressed and not feeling well walk around your store multiple times wondering who actually buys this stuff.
Since we were already at the pharmacy we thought we will refill Ashlin's antibiotics (for her VR reflux if your interested) while we were there. Of course, her prescription is expired. I put a call into her pediatrician and of course the nurse can never talk to you then and there. I missed their call back and they left a message we can't fill this unless we see her and check her urine. She's on this medicine for maintenance purposes......Did you even look at her chart?!? I was slightly excited finally someone I could call and let out a bit of my frustration. I put another call in and left a message after I called the Children's Hospital and left a message to ask them to fill the prescription. since the pediatrician's office is obviously incompetent. I should have just called them in the first place. Wrong once again. Right before they called I told Shawn I was just going to let them have it......the nurse called was incredibly nice this had looked back at her chart and despite the fact I had already called the Children's Hospital and left a message said she would call it in anyway. I got off the phone and Shawn looked at me and said with sarcasm, "You really let her have it!"
I know I know none of it's a big deal it's more that all of these events have occurred so close together that makes it seem so overwhelming and irritating.
Today, I was moving clothes from the washer to the dryer. I look into the dryer and there is the second hearing aid. Yep, I had washed it. We no longer have any functioning hearing aids. I can not tell you how careful we have been with these hearing aids to prevent them from being damaged or lost and we managed to do both in less than a week. In April, we went to see Jaxon's ENT and he asked about his hearing aids if one had been thrown into the toilet yet. I remember not thinking that was funny at the time and I most definitely don't think it's funny now.
The only thing I can be thankful for is Shawn's mother is out of the country. This is helpful because whenever you have these moments she says in her sweetest voice, "Don't worry this too shall pass." I know that but I don't want to hear that in the moment. I made the mistake of telling Lindsee and now she tells me, "Don't worry this too shall pass." Now I don't even have that to be thankful for.
In all honestly, I miss Shawn's mom and her pep talks. I am so grateful for the friends that have been compassionate during these moments when you just want to pull your hair out (even if it is sarcastic comments). You can put $2500 on a credit card for new hearing aids, but you cannot buy friends and family. You can get through anything when you have love and support from those people that care for you. Once again, Thank you!





11 comments:
Oh I am so sorry I would be at my backing point too. If I lived closer I would take you and get a dipped cone at Dairy Queen. Hope things start looking up.
oh Veda you know that you have me still..and without my comments you wouldnt be able to laugh.. I haope you are doing better
I know, I'm missing her too. She is such a good vent, and though she teases, she really does always know what to say.
Yeah...I hate those type of weeks...sounds like you are having a week about like me....I have just decided that I HATE customer service anymore! No one can get anything done right the first time if at all!!!!
Okay - so seriously I'd be in tears at this point. I'm sorry you've been having such a tough time lately. Seems like if it's not one thing it's another for you. I'm glad to see you're surviving and have a good attitude about it. Keep your chin up and keep kicking! You'll win soon!
Girl I hear ya, I would have had a mental breakdown by this point! I'm so sorry and hope that things are a little better now...
PS-I LOVE your background and will probably end up changing to the same one! We have similar taste :)
Yep you will make it through, we all do, just really not fun sometimes..
i am so sorry that you have had a couple of really bad weeks! I really like your family and hate that you have been put through the ringer these past weeks! Just truly let me know if I can do anything for you to help....i would love to babysit for you anytime Brock would love the company!
Major bummers! Soory to hear about everything!!!
Wow, sounds like a rotten couple of weeks for your family. I can feel for you and how frustrated you must be. Sounds like you need a major break. Hey I know do you want to go to Dairy Queen, my treat? Hey we will get a bunch of women together and sit in a booth and pig out. Sounds fun huh?
Oh what sucky luck!
I miss mom, too. (It's a good thing she's young and we have several more years - we're obviously not ready to be mom-less!)
Post a Comment